The Office of International Programmes was established in 1997 to co-ordinate and promote all of the universiy's external relations with regard to international students, visiting scholars, external staff training programmes and research collaboration. The office offers a variety of services to international students and scholars from reception and orientation programmes to volunteer opportunities. We also provide University of Ghana students with opportunities to study abroad.
Core Responsibilities of IPO
- Serve as the central point in the University for the Management of all international agreements between the University and other universities.
- Promote and advertise the University’s programmes and activities to International students and researchers
- Organise summer schools and orientation Programmes for students who come for one semester to one academic year
- Arrange placement for all International students and university scholars
- Arrange adequate guidance and counselling facilities for all international students
- Represent the University at meetings for planning cultural agreements and technical assistance Programmes
- Ensure the creation of a comprehensive information base of all external assistance Programmes
- Make recommendations to the University planning committee for external relations to the University
- Perform any such related activities that would enhance the University’s objectives.