IMPORTANT NOTICE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMMES OFFICE UNIVERSITY OF GHANA
COMMENCEMENT OF THE 2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR
This is to bring to your notice that the final academic calendar for 2020/2021 academic year has been released.
As per the new policy directive of the University in the new normal, level 100, 400 and graduate students will report first beginning this academic year to complete their modular academic session followed by level 200 and 300 students. Further, teaching, learning and continuous assessments for both undergraduate and graduate students will be delivered primarily online. Below are important details.
- Reporting and Registration of Level 100 and 400 Students
- Level 100 students are expected to report from Monday, January 11, 2021 to Saturday January 16, 2021 to begin and complete their online registration.
- Registration of level 400 students begins December 21, 2020.
- Level 400 students are expected to report from January 14, 2021 to January 17, 2021.
- Teaching for level 100 and 400 students begins January 18, 2021 and ends February 26, 2021.
- First semester for level 100 and 400 students ends March 21, 2021.
- Reporting and Registration of Level 200 and 300 Students
- Level 200 and 300 students will begin their registration on March 15, 2021 and expected to report from April 1, 2021 to April 4, 2021.
- Teaching for level 200 and 300 begins April 5, 2021 and ends May 14, 2021.
- First semester for level 200 and 300 students ends June 7, 2021.
- Reporting and Registration of Graduate Students
- Registration of Graduate students begins December 21, 2020.
- Graduate students are expected to report from January 14, 2021 to January 17, 2021.
- Teaching begins January 18, 2021 and ends April 2, 2021.
- First semester for graduate students ends April 25, 2021.
Any additional information on the academic calendar can be accessed from the University: website: www.ug.edu.gh
- All international students arriving are mandated to provide the International Programmes Office with their flight details, name, level, programme and student ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp to +233507062290 / +233207053680. This information must reach the Office one clear week before student arrives.
- For airport pickup services send an email to email@example.com or WhatsApp to +233507485956 / +233207053680. Airport pickup is to campus ONLY.
Students residing at the International Students’ Hostel are mandated to send a copy of the receipt of payment both academic and hostel to firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp to +233507062290 / +233207053680 at least three days before departing from the home country.
This will enable the International Programmes Office to facilitate students’ accommodation before arrival.
The University continues to prioritize the safety of its students. Students should kindly contact the following emails or WhatsApp numbers for any further enquiries: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com WhatsApp to +233507062290 / +233207053680 / +233507485956.
- COVID -19 Safety Protocols
In respect of COVID-19 safety protocols and public health concern, arriving students must not have any symptoms suggestive of COVID-19, including body temperature 38°C. They must have a COVID19 negative PCR test result from an accredited laboratory in the country of origin. The test should have been done not more than 72 hours before the scheduled departure time from the country of origin. For students who transit through other countries before arriving in Ghana, the first country of departure will be the reference point. Also, all persons must be wearing a face mask appropriately upon arrival (extending from the middle of the nasal bridge to halfway between the chin and the neck) and carry alongside, an approved hand sanitizer. All students tested negative will be required to continue to observe COVID-19 safety precautions following arrival in Ghana and on campus. Students can visit:
http://www.gcaa.com.gh/web/protocols.html for more information on COVID-19 protocols or contact the International Programmes Office upon arrival for further guidelines on COVID -19 protocols.