Do you want to gain international exposure in an authentic African setting? Study with us for a semester or two!
We accept visiting students' applications all year round however students will be informed of their admission status in July (first semester) and January (second semester).
OverviewWe host visiting students (undergrduates and graduates) from all over the world. Whether or not your university has signed a bilateral agreement with us you can apply for admission if you meet our requirements. You may also apply through study abroad providers such as CIEE, USAC, ISEP, UC-EAP/CSU, NYU, MAP, TUFTS, to name only a few. Whether you wish to take courses for grades; or audit courses as an occasional student the procedure is simple, and easy.
The application deadline (2020/21 Academic Year) for fall semester is 19th June, 2020 and that for spring semester is 13nd November, 2020
Admission RequirementsVisiting exchange students are to take note of the following admission requirements:
- Applicants MUST have a minimum CGPA of 2.5.
- Final year students are NOT PERMITTED to spend their final semester at the University of Ghana.
- Prospective students should have a minimum of two-semesters transcripts.
- Your application MUST be endorsed by the International Office of your university.
Application StepsAttach a passport-size photograph.
Step One: Click the Application form link. Step Two: Download form or "Open With Different Viewer' Step Three: Complete form by typing in block letters. Step Four: Step Five: Ask the International Office of your university to endorse completed form. Step Six: Pay application fee of USD110.00 (one hundred and ten US dollars) into the following account:
UNIVERSITY OF GHANA FOREIGN STUDENTS ACCOUNT
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0161094409780403
BANK DETAILS: ECOBANK GHANA LIMITED, LEGON BRANCH
Step Seven: Scan the following documents and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application form
Certified copy of transcript and/or certificates
Wire transfer receipt of application fee
Step Eight: Send hardcopies of all application documents by courier to:
Coordinator, Visiting Students' Admissions and Registration
Office of International Programmes
Room F1 First Floor, International House
Annie Jiagge Road, University of Ghana, Legon
Course Selection Tips
UNIVERSITY FEE/CHARGES (VISITING STUDENTS): 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR
TWO SEMESTERS ONE SEMESTER OCCASIONAL STUDENT (ONE SEMESTER) Cost Item US $ US $ US $ Tuition 4,665.00 2,402.00 2,302.00 Residence Permit 60.00 60.00 60.00 Sub-Total 4,725.00 2,462.00 2,362.00 Accommodation (ISH) 1,890.00* 945.00 945.00 Total 6,615.00 3,407.00 3,307.00
*Fee not inclusive of vacation accommodation.
Accomodation Schedule of Fees
The application deadline (2020/21 Academic Year) for fall semester is 19th June, 2020 and that for spring semester is 13th November, 2020
Visiting Research Students
OverviewTo create a vibrant intellectual climate that stimulates cutting edge research and community engagement, the university admits research students from all countries. Depending on your research area and availability of a supervisor you can apply as a research affiliate for as many months as you desire. Fees for research affiliation are pro-rated depending on length of stay. Students may opt to reside at the International Students Hostel. The current rate per night is US$ 8.00 for a double room, and US$ 10.00 for a single room
Useful Tips on Applying
These steps are to guide you in putting in your application for a research affiliation:
- Contact the relevant department to seek a research supervisor. Once you have a supervisor, a letter of affiliation from the department will be furnished as one of the required documents. Note: If you are having difficulties in contacting the department send an email to email@example.com . Your email should clearly state your intended research area and duration.
- Download and complete the APPLICATION FORM and submit with requisite documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one month before the intended date of commencement of the affiliation.
- Applicant will be notified upon receipt of the application by the Office for Research, Innovation and Development (ORID). The application would be processed to the host department and an offer letter will be sent to the applicant.
- Applicant will be required to indicate his/her acceptance of the offer by completing and returning the ACCEPTANCE FORM by email to email@example.com.
FEES: Candidates interested in being affiliated to the University of Ghana would be required to pay an affiliation fee to the University before the commencement of their attachment. The amount charged has been pro-rated by the duration of the affiliation against the approved affiliation fee for the academic year